It’s hard to predict what could have happened if the brave dalmatian hadn’t been there to protect his family. Sadly, in this particular instance, the dog didn’t make it. Ameen Sharif and his family were sound asleep when they were startled awake by their pet dog Tyson barking furiously in the middle of the night. Upon opening their front door, the family saw their 1.5-year-old dalmatian locked in combat with a highly venomous cobra right outside their home in India.
Ameen and his family were taken aback when Tyson, their dog, pounced on the snake and rendered it immobile. Nevertheless, the courageous canine soon lost strength, stumbling a few times before collapsing to the ground and losing consciousness. Panic set in among the family members upon discovering that the dog had been bitten on the left cheek by the venomous serpent. Ameen immediately dialed the emergency hotline number for guidance, but was instructed to seek help from veterinary facilities. Unfortunately, they resided in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, an area with dense forests and hills where none of the facilities answered their calls at that time. In less than thirty minutes, Tyson breathed his last.
With a heavy heart, Mr. Ameen recounted the incident where Tyson, their faithful dog, bravely fought a cobra barely a meter away from their doorstep. Though the snake was defeated, it managed to bite Tyson and their attempts at reaching out to veterinarians for an antidote proved futile at that hour. Despite their best efforts, they were unable to save the life of their loyal pet. The family acknowledges her unwavering loyalty and selfless sacrifice that will forever be etched in their memories. It is disheartening to note that while there are numerous hospitals catering to human emergencies round the clock, there seems to be a lack of emergency services for animals in distress. The family hopes to find closure soon and take necessary measures to safeguard themselves against such unforeseen events in the future.